Friday, July 6, 2012

Hot in the city

Well we are now in the official third heat wave for summer here in Manhattan. I have to say its a very different heat to what we are used to living so close to the ocean back home. We also do so much walking!!
It still hard for me to truly comprehend how a city that can get so cold and snow be so hot?

We were also very lucky to have my beautiful niece stay with us one night. She is currently on a school trip here and her teachers kindly allowed her to stay the night. Isabel and Annika were so happy. We celebrated the 4th of July on the Westside Highway which was closed to traffic. We had an amazing view of the fireworks over the Hudson. It was our second 4th of July here in Manhattan.

2 comments:

Veronika said...

This is my first summer in NY. I grew up near LA and have been living in Europe for the past 25 years. I have never experienced heat like this. Bloody hell.

Nice post and nice to hear from a fellow displaced person :) have a great weekend.

Unknown said...

Hi Veronika,
We have a few SoCal people in our building and they too say the same. I think this heat is just so different. Don't even get me started on the subway or should I call it the inferno!