Saturday, October 13, 2012

My 2 year anniversary is approaching....


Well this is approaching and I can honestly say these last two years have flown.
Although the initial excitement literally about everything has subsided, I still often sit back and just feel so grateful to be living in this amazing city.
Lately I have been very lucky to have friends that have come to vacation here. I also love listening to their initial impressions as they remind me of my first moments here too.
I have reached a point that sometimes I get confused about certain products and if they are from here of from back home. Recently whilst on a play date a friend of mine handed a rice cake to her daughter. It caught my attention as there was this sense of familiarity. I had recollections of Isabel sucking them as a baby in her high chair? I then started to think about it and logic was telling me this could not be so? Isabel was seven when we arrived. It just did not add up?  I am not one to leave things alone if they do not add up. I kept thinking about it then asked my friend to hand me the package. It was very familiar and I almost felt a sense of nostalgia. Closer inspection of the packet then confirmed my feelings. This was a packet “Corn Thins” and you guessed it from AUSTRALIA.
The next day I headed straight to Fairways Market and bought a few packets. The girls happily now munch on the regularly.
We have also now settled into our routine. The girls are at school and I am working. I love working for Cultural Care Au Pair. I am very fortunate to have an amazing group of families and au pairs to work with. I also have increased my work load as I now have the time to do so.
The weather has also cooled down so although it’s slightly depressing about the colder winter approaching, the harvest season is upon us. I adore the fall. I love the approach of Halloween.
Here are some recent photos
 This is "Mickey" trying to make a buck in Times Square.

View of the Brooklyn Bridge from a water cab we caught to Brooklyn Ikea.

 One of the Brownstones on our street preparing for Halloween. Keep tuned as I will do my Halloween special post as I LOVE HALLOWEEN!!!

My Isabel with her BFF from when they wer only 2 and at Moore Park Gardens in Darlinghurst. They have maintained a friendship since then. Now that we live over here its email and now skype that will keep them in touch.

No comments: