Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Washing..........

I have decided that I really do miss my washing machine. We don’t think about it back home however it’s not as much of a chore as it is here. Being the time management queen I am back home the washing is always being done simultaneously to other activities during the day or night. You just do it on the side so to speak. Here in Manhattan you need to plan it. We have a Laundromat across the road others have them at the bottom of their apartment blocks. I now do it when Hugo gets home so I can be kid free.
We go onto daylight saving this weekend and I am eagerly anticipating the change of season. I only know New York in winter and as amazing and somewhat challenging as it’s been I am ready for a change. At Isabel school there is now ice-cream trucks parked out the front so kids can get an ice cream after school. It’s still quite cool so I do think they are getting in a bit early. However I think after this winter New Yorkers are truly wanting spring to arrive.
My sister arrives here in 11 days and I am so looking forward to it. I am so curious to see what her first impressions will be. I wonder if the fact that she is only on a vacation will alter her first impressions to mine. I am looking forward to showing off my new city.

No comments: