Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Affordable child-care in Manhattan!



I just wanted to let you all know I have taken on another role as a Local Childcare Coordinator for Cultural Care Au-Pairs in Manhattan.
I did a lot of research before taking on this role as I had I suppose some pre conceived ideas about how the whole process works. I have to say that in the many years of travelling the world all the au pairs I have ever met have been happy ones.
This organization has been in the US for 20 years and I have been impressed with only their track record but the training and support they offer to the host families, the au pairs and their employees (I am one now).
I am currently in the process of doing some extensive training on many aspects of my role but I am very excited too. I have had to work with so many cultures of the years throughout my career and this seems to be a natural progression.
I must emphasise this program is not anything like hiring a nanny. This is far from it! This is a cultural exchange program where you host a young person in your home for 12 months. In exchange you receive 45 hours a week of live in childcare. The department of state has strict guidelines as to what is permitted and what is not. For this reason this program is NOT for everyone.
I am happy to discuss offline any aspect of the program to anyone that may be interested or alternatively I do have a website that is a work in progress. The website is mainly a mode of communication for the au-pairs and host families that are assigned to me.


I am a very busy mother these days as I am still running my Travel Service which is also really taken off! I love being busy and finally I seem to have found the perfect balance. I am always available for the girls and yet doing work that I love!

No comments: