Tuesday, May 17, 2011

6 Months living in New York.


Well the 12th of May marks  6 months since the day I arrived to live this mid-life adventure. I have to admit it has flown by so quickly. How do I feel you all may ask? Well as excited as the day I arrived. The only difference is that I cannot imagine living anywhere else at this stage in my life. I know New York is not for everyone but for me its what I want at the moment. I think here if you are lucky to live in the right areas life is great. This city is not cheap and I think that people go without things to be able to live here.
I have realized after searching and trying to find part-time work that after childcare it’s really not worth it. I don’t want to have a Nanny for the girls and if I did work that would be the alternative. I have decided to start a new project which will be hush hush till it’s all up and running......................

Other news is that the girls are now starting to get a few birthday invitations and coincidentally all in Central Park. The weather is getting much better and it’s such an oasis for us and the kids.
Hugo is doing great at work and was even given a promotion after being there for not long. I am very proud of him as he has such high work ethics. It’s great to see an employer acknowledge that!
I have started a little mothers group with some of the “Mom’s” from Annika’s preschool. Those who know me understand I love organizing things and I love the socialization. The kids love the fact I make so many friends so we are never short of things to do here.
My 44th birthday is next week and my wonderful friends Peta and Marco are coming over to play. I am so excited to see them and hang out with them. I am very interested to see what their perceptions are of my very different life here. I am sure I will have lots to tell.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Hi! I followed your link from EB and have officially read from start to finish. What a fantastic time you must be having! I'm an American (and one-time Brooklynite) living in Oz and you are having, 100%, the experience I'd love to have back in NYC. Completely jealous! Hope you're enjoying the warmer weather, this time of year :)