Monday, February 7, 2011

So it seems Fur’s are acceptable in NYC

In a city that pretty much everything goes I should not be surprised that animal furs are pretty much a way of life here. Coming from Australia where I don’t think I have seen a fur for nearly twenty years it was rather eye catching. I by no means am going to pass judgment as I am far from being a judgmental person especially here in New York. This is a city where everything goes and really no one cares.
I was surprised to see how many people do wear fur. I personally have never liked them however I do see how the cold weather could be an argument. I am so accustomed to all those images of PETA throwing paint on ladies wearing fur in the 70’s. I will say it does seem to be somewhat older ladies that do wear them here. However Bloomingdale's and many other stores carry a full range of them so they are here to stay.
I have heard an argument stating that there is some animal I cannot recall its name that apparently is a pest and its fur is what they use. I would be a hypocrite if I stood on my high horse to place judgment as I own leather shoes,  leather handbags and even a leather jacket.

No comments: