Monday, August 22, 2011

Summer is nearly over.



It’s almost the end of summer and there is again a different feel about this city. People are returning from their vacations. The kids are all preparing for the start of the school year. And this morning I felt a chill in the air that I have not felt for a while. One thing is for sure and that is that summer does not last here as long as it does back home.
I have Annika who has finished up at her preschool now and she will commence her new one on the 2nd of September. I am very excited for her as its going to be such a big step for her to be in a more structured environment. Isabel goes into grade three which is just amazing. It seemed only yesterday she started Kindergarten.
I have really enjoyed the relaxed and carefree time I have had with the girls. We have been sleeping in and really just enjoyed doing nothing. Work has been really quite which has also given me the opportunity to do some training and exploration of social media. It’s amazing how and what an impact Social Media has on any sort of business these days.
The other aspect that has been looming about is the economic stability of the USA and in fact the world. It’s a concern to everyone and especially here in New York as their economy has never really recovered.

On a much more positive note!! I got my New York State License!!!
Hugo had to take a day off work to look after the girls while I headed out to The Bronx to finally do it. I have to say I cannot remember feeling so nervous like that in such a long time. The driving test itself was easy but the lead up to it was probably the worse. Regardless I am over the moon and now just waiting for my Zipcar Membership to come through so we can hire a car for the day.It's such a shame its so close to the end of summer but hopefully Hugo will get is ocean swim which he is longing for.

No comments: