Monday, December 12, 2011

Magical Manhattan this time of year.

Yesterday finally Isabel and I went to see the Radio City Christmas Spectacular. I was sort of expecting a pretty amazing show however what I experienced yesterday far exceeded my expectations. Radio City Music Hall is an amazing venue. On entering you are initially mesmerized by an amazing chandelier. Then as you continue in you are welcomed by a grand old theater that seems so spacious and full of charm.




We had great seats and Isabel and I were so excited and prepared ourselves for the next ninety minutes. We were handed some booklets which enclosed had some 3D glasses. The lights went down and the music commenced.





The next ninety minutes I can only truly described Spectacular. I cannot recommend this show enough especially if you want to have a true New York experience. It had such an old fashion charm with the Rockettes dancing with such precision that it’s just mind blowing. I felt I was taken back to a place when Fred Astaire and all those celebrities from way back had lived and performed in. It was like nothing I have ever experienced and in true New York charm bigger and better than anything I have ever seen.
Hugo and I had planned after the performance to meet and take the girls to finally see the Christmas tree at the Rockefeller Center. It seemed us, the rest of New York and every Tourist in town had the same idea. It was a sea of people and really challenging to get through with Annika in the stroller. Also to add to the “holiday Magic” the cold has finally arrived so we and everyone were very rugged up. Regardless of the “Human traffic” we followed the sea of people to see what we could of the tree. They had a special Christmas Carol performance so a very magical feeling with “jungle bells” playing in the back ground.





After navigating our way out we headed down to 5th Avenue. I wanted the girls to see the decorations on the amazing designer’s stores. Again very difficult for them to see however with the darkness setting in the streets are just breath taking. I have taken some photos however it was difficult to manoeuvre my iPhone and the stroller at the same time.







My favorite was Tiffany’s and I managed to see the amazing displays. The doorman at Tiffany’s said hello to Isabel and she wondered what was in that store. I responded by letting her know that that was Mommy’s favorite store! You get magical blue boxes with white ribbons!! Let’s hope she reminds her Daddy about that!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi :) loved this entry and photos - Thanks! NY City at Christmas is on my bucket list.
Caz from S.Aust

Unknown said...

Yes its pretty spectacular at Christmas!!!
NYC is such an amazing city with 4 distinct seasons too.
Summer is also pretty amazing as well.