Monday, September 26, 2011

Catching up with an old friend.

Since moving here to New York I have to say my “facebook” time has increased somewhat. Some may say I am always on it. I always have my laptop on hence facebook is always on.
The main difference I think with us “oldies” is that we tend to keep up with friends that we may have not kept in touch with over the years. I know with all my Ansett Friends it is certainly the case. I love getting on and reading what people are up to. It’s actually wonderful to still be connected even though its via the net.
A few months back I had an old friend send me a message telling me she and her family were heading over to NYC. She wanted a bit of advice from a “local” which I enthusiastically responded to. Finally yesterday we caught up after 10 years!
We had a lovely morning trying to catch up on 10 years. We met each others families and reminisced about the good old days. Times are very different now 10 years down the track .Both of us married with kids now however it’s just so lovely to at times step back and just laugh about things.
I love catching up with old colleagues as I love reminiscing about those days as a Flight Attendant. I know now how I just didn’t appreciate those days when I was living them.
Makes me realize why I am so grateful to have been given this opportunity to live the life I am living at the moment. I want to live each day to the fullest and I know that I am very lucky to be here. I know now in my 40’s that one day I will be an old woman sitting in a nursing home. I want to be able to read my blog and remind myself at how lucky I was to have had this one in a life time opportunity to live in this amazing city.

No comments: