Friday, September 2, 2011

Change in seasons again........



After the whole “Irene” saga life has gone back to some sort of normality. My father was due to arrive from Sydney on the Saturday however that was cancelled. He ended up getting here on Monday. We have spent the last four days just spending time together and catching up. He left this morning back to Ecuador where he now lives.
I was particularly happy to see how well he was with my girls. My Dad is very patient and very good with kids. Isabel and Annika were instantly delighted with his antics which are probably not the traditional way grandparents should act. Regardless they played and played and now the apartment seems so quite. We hope to go down to see him maybe next year sometime. I am glad my girls had that time with him as it’s really the first time they have had quality time with a grandfather. Hugo’s parents unfortunately have not really been part of their lives which is a real shame but these things happen I suppose.
What I have noticed in the last several days has been the slight nip in the air in the mornings now. It’s still warm but that humidity seems to have died down. Apparently after Labor Day here the season begins to change. It seems it took so long for summer to finally arrive and now it’s practically over. This city has been amazing and my only regret is that I have not been able to get out of the city for a drive yet. I will get there soon I hope.

No comments: