Monday, January 3, 2011

End of the holidays

Thankfully this week things go back to normal if you can call it that here in New York. Isabel returns to school after a one week holiday and Annika returns to her two days at preschool. As much as I love them I am looking forward to the few hours a week where I get to do what I want to do.
I have made some friends with the Mom’s from both girls schools which is great and very much like me. There are a few I have clicked with as the common factor seems to be that we are all “older” Mom’s. I have been trying to get babysitters as both Hugo and I want to start going out more on our own more and luckily I have booked one already in few weeks so looking forward to that. Both Isabel and Annika have become very adaptable and even though they are very different personalities they have bonded together in such a beautiful way. I was brought up to share with my sister and to always look out for her and I am teaching my two girls the same values. Although my parents are far from perfect they did bring us up to share and to be generous which I hope my girls will be too. I think this whole experience has really taken their relationship to a different level. After Hugo left and the three of us where without him the dynamics changed dramatically. Isabel took on this much more motherly role towards Annika which was just beautiful. Now that Annika is a bit older she also looks after her older sister. They now also share a bedroom which is something I wanted them to do regardless of where we were living. Here in New York it is very common and in fact some have three to four siblings in one room. Everyone here live in apartments and you make do with what you have and you can afford. I love the apartment we live in for some reason its felt like home from the moment we moved in. We do need to get some more pictures and add some more bits and pieces but I will be able to do those things now that I am able to go looking on my own. Going shopping now that is something I will find so difficult to do here in New York................NOT!!!

No comments: