Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween 2011

Well it finally arrived much to my girls delight! We had the costumes all ready for our first ever Halloween. I have never celebrated it back home basically because when I was a child we just never did. I have noticed that it seems to have become a bit of a novelty back home.
I collected the girls from school and finally the time had arrived. We headed down towards 69th street where they have a street party every year. It was amazing! The majority of the Brownstones where decorated with the most amazing and ghostly decorations. I have included photos but they do not do it justice. All the local stores on Columbus where also handing out candy. Isabel and Annika where just so amazed by the generosity of all these complete strangers giving them candy. Seems almost ironic that we tell our kids never to take candy from strangers however we encourage it on Halloween.


After a couple of hours of walking around it was time to call it a night. I was truly surprised at the costumes and the amount of trouble people go to. I have decided next year I too will dress up also.

No comments: