Sunday, November 13, 2011

Into my second year now....


Well now that I have lived here for a year I can look forward to Holidays that I enjoyed so much again. Thanksgiving was my first and this time around I am preparing for this event. I am going to attempt a Turkey even thought I don’t eat Turkey. Hugo and the girls love it so I figure I will enjoy all the other foods like my first New York obsession pumpkin pie. I love the whole idea of Thanksgiving. A celebration about being grateful for what we all have and NO PRESENTS to worry about.
This year we may be going away probably Upstate however we will see what happens this week. Isabel desperately wants to attend the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade. This year we will walk down the street earlier to get a better vantage point. The parade last year marched down Central Park West which is one block away from us. It seems like only yesterday Isabel and I were mesmerized by the huge displays.
The weather has been rather warm considering this time last year I was already in a heavy coat. It may mean this winter will not be as brutal. It’s actually quite nice to now be anticipating events and seasonal changes rather than waiting for new experiences.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy 1 year anniversary. Hope your second year is just as enjoyable so we can all read about it. Cheers Charmaine