Friday, November 11, 2011

One year tomorrow living in New York

I cannot believe tomorrow it will be a year since I landed at JFK. I still have nightmares of the actually flight with Annika as you all remember was exhausting.  I have such wonderful memories of when the girls and I saw Hugo waiting for us in the terminal. Today as Isabel,Annika and I walked to Annika's Preschool we walked past "The Milburn" we we first stayed.
The Milburn Hotel

I told Isabel that tomorrow it was one year since we arrived and she just gave me such a reassuring smile. Isabel has really blossomed here and that makes both Hugo and I very happy. I have no doubt in my mind that Hugo and I deciding to move here was the best choice for us. I feel that as a family we have grown so much closer to each other in a way I dont think we would have done back home.  Annika also has grown however she was so young that really the only change I see in her is an American accent.


With Hugo the change I have seen in him is he seems happier. I know at times he missed the ocean and probably the space we have in our house. However I think because he sees me and the girls so happy it makes his life a lot happier. We all know the saying "Happy Wife happy life".
How I have changed is probably more complex as its hard to analyze myself objectively. I think I have learned a new and more physical way of life which I find great. Without a doubt my Manhattan lifestyle keeps me fit. Another wonderful thing is I have made so many friends and I love it. I am surrounded my some amazing people who have enhanced and also enlighten me in ways I find so refreshing. I love this adventure as much as I did on the day I landed here. Not one day goes by I am not grateful to be living here.

5 comments:

Julie said...

I have been following your blog for a few months and you are living my dream! I have always said I would love to live in NYC for a year, particularly on the Upper west side too :)
I love reading all about it

Unknown said...

Thanks Julie :) So nice of you to post. The Upper West Side is just awesome :)

lisa said...

Congratulations on your one year! It sounds like you and your girls are right were you are suppose to be!! Good job! I am a fellow iPad giveaway blogger- it should be fun.

Anonymous said...

Tanya, haven't posted before now but I am loving living vicariously through your blog. Go you!!

Unknown said...

Thanks Lisa :) Yes should be lots of fun with the contest!!